LATEST VIDEOS FROM CTV REGINA
Fatal fire caused by electrical malfunction: Regina Fire Department
A home damaged by fire in the 1700 block of Connaught Street is shown on Feb. 26, 2017 (Taylor Rattray / CTV Regina)
Published Friday, March 3, 2017 5:30PM CST
The Regina Fire Department says a fatal fire last weekend was caused by a malfunctioning electrical system.
Emergency crews were called to the 1700 block of Connaught Street around 11:00 p.m. Saturday. A man was found dead inside the home.
Investigators with the Regina Fire Departments say the fire was unintentional, caused by a malfunction in the electrical distribution system. Investigators also found the smoke alarm in the home wasn’t maintained and did not provide an early warning.
The Regina Fire Department wants to remind residents to check their smoke alarms and make sure they are functioning correctly.