Fire near Lumsden leaves residents in the dark
Published Sunday, March 11, 2012 2:29PM CST
Several communities in the Regina area were without power after a fire at a SaskPower substation near Lumsden.
SaskPower says the fire started at approximately 4 p.m. when a transformer overheated. A mobile transformer had to be brought in from Regina. So far no details have been released with regards to how much damage the fire caused.
Residents in the Lumsden, Regina Beach and Craven areas were left in the dark Saturday. SaskPower says electricity was restored to all 10,000 affected customers by 2:30 a.m. Sunday.