LATEST VIDEOS FROM CTV REGINA
The Five Golden Gifts Contest
Published Friday, December 14, 2012 1:58PM CST
Last Updated Friday, December 14, 2012 2:47PM CST
FIVE GOLDEN GIFTS CONTEST & OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
December 17, 2012 – December 21, 2012
1. TO ENTER the Five Golden Gifts contest (the “Contest”) watch CTV Morning Live on the local cable or satellite channel in your area each weekday from Monday December 17, 2012 to Friday, December 21, 2012 inclusive from 6:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) to 9:00 a.m. ET (the “Show”) to view one (1) secret word (the “Secret Word”) that will be announced during the Show telling viewers to email the Secret Word to email@example.com for a chance to win a Prize as described below. When you hear the Secret Word email firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your entry. Entries must include your first and last name, address, e-mail address, age, ten digit day time and evening telephone number and the Secret Word. Entries will be rejected if the e-mail is not fully completed and submitted as set out herein. In the event of a dispute, entries received on-line shall be deemed to be submitted by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the email address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Limit of one (1) entry per individual during the Contest Period. Contest starts at 6:00 a.m. ET on Monday, December 17, 2012 and closes on Monday, December 21, 2012 at 1:00 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”). The Contest Period will consist of five daily draw entry periods as follows:
Daily Draw Entry Period One commencing at 6:00 a.m. and ending at 1:00 p.m. on Monday, December 17, 2012;
Daily Draw Entry Period Two commencing at 6:00 a.m. and ending at 1:00 p.m. on Tuesday, December 18, 2012;
Daily Draw Entry Period Three commencing at 6:00 a.m. and ending at 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday, December 19, 2012;
Daily Draw Entry Period Four commencing at 6:00 a.m. and ending at 1:00 p.m. on Thursday, December 20, 2012; and
Daily Draw Entry Period Five commencing at 6:00 a.m. and ending at 1:00 p.m. on Friday, December 21, 2012.
There are five (5) prizes (the "Prizes") to be won. Limit of one (1) Prize per household during the Contest Period. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
2. The contest sponsor is Bell Media Inc. (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest Sponsor”).
3. To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of Canada (excluding Quebec) and be eighteen (18) years of age or older. Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of the Contest Sponsor, its agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter. A winner of a Bell Media Inc. contest within the three (3) months preceding the start of this contest (including persons designated by such winners to take ownership of prizes) and persons domiciled with a winner are not eligible to enter.
4. Prizes – There are five (5) Prizes to be won as follows:
Prize Package One One (1) Blackberry Music Gateway (approximate retail value $225 Cdn)
Prize Package Two One (1) Blackberry Music Gateway (approximate retail value $225 Cdn)
Prize Package Three One (1) Solitude and Soul Gift Basket and Gift Certificate (approximate retail value $350 Cdn)
Prize Package Four One (1) LG Optimus G (approximate retail value $650 Cdn)
Prize Package Five One (1) Windows Phone 8X by HTC (approximate retail value of $600 Cdn)
Total approximate retail value of the Prizes $2,050 Cdn.
5. Prizes must be accepted as awarded. Prizes may not be sold, transferred and are not convertible to cash. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prizes in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prizes are unavailable. Prize winners are solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein.
6. Prize Draws - At 3:00 p.m. ET, on each Draw Date set out below, a random draw for a Prize will take place at CTV in Regina, to choose one entrant from among all eligible entries received during the Daily Draw Entry Period..
Daily Draw Entry Period Draw Date Prize
Daily Draw Entry Period One December 17, 2012 Prize Package One
Daily Draw Entry Period Two December 18, 2012 Prize Package Two
Daily Draw Entry Period Three December 19, 2012 Prize Package Three
Daily Draw Entry Period Four December 20, 2012 Prize Package Four
Daily Draw Entry Period Five December 21, 2012 Prize Package Five
The odds of winning a Prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Daily Draw Entry Period. The Contest Sponsor, acting reasonably, will attempt to contact each potential Prize winner by telephone within two (2) business days after the applicable Draw Date. In the event that a potential winner cannot be contacted within two (2) business days after the applicable Draw Date, he or she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be drawn. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. In order to be declared a winner, each potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill-testing question administered by the Contest Sponsor. Before being awarded a Prize, each potential winner will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsor, a full release and indemnity form stating that he/she has read and understood these official rules and regulations (“Rules”), grants all consents required, authorizes the Contest Sponsor to broadcast, publish and disseminate his/her name, city of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the applicable Prize, accepts the applicable Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsor from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner’s participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the applicable Prize. In the event that a potential winner does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify such potential winner, and draw an alternate potential winner, and the Contest Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until all qualified winners have been duly selected but in any event, no later than December 27, 2012.
7. By entering this Contest the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsor with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
8. All entries become property of Contest Sponsor who assumes no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting Rules by mail or requesting names of prize winners (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Contest Sponsor does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials-data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, in its sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control, Contest Sponsor reserves its right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest including canceling any method of entry, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. Contest Sponsor reserves its right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsor reserves its right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Contest Sponsor in its sole discretion, further reserves its right to terminate the on-line portion, as applicable, of the Contest and conduct the drawing from all on-line entries and all other entries (as applicable) previously received during the Contest Period. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsor reserves its right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest web site, where applicable.
10. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
11. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsor and its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
LEGALS for the Five Days of Giving contest
- Super: No purchase necessary. Contest starts at 6:00 a.m. ET on Monday, December 17, 2012 and closes on Friday, December 21, 2012 at 1:00 p.m. ET. Complete contest rules and regulations available at www.regina.ctvnews.ca/morning. Open to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) eighteen (18) years of age or older. Must correctly answer, unaided, a mathematical skill testing question to be declared a winner. Total approximate retail value of the Prizes $2,050 Cdn. The odds of winning a Prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Daily Draw Entry Period.