REGINA -- Several Regina Police officers and a paramedic took the witness stand on day two of the murder trial of Jason McKay.

McKay is charged with second degree murder for the death of his wife, Jenny, in 2017.

Const. Bryce Fink and Const. Graham McDonald were the first officers on the scene on Sept. 6, 2017. The two were dispatched to the home after a 9-1-1 call from Jason McKay’s mother, Anne McKay.

Fink said when he arrived at the home in the 200 block of Angus St., Jason McKay answered the door covered in blood, saying, “She’s dead. I f****ing killed her.” According to Fink, the two officers didn’t find any injuries on McKay.

Fink said when he entered the kitchen of the home there was blood everywhere and a body with a knife in the chest. Fink got chocked up and called the scene “gruesome.”

Both McDonald and Fink were in the police vehicle transporting McKay to RPS. In a video of the transport shown to the court, McKay is seen verballing abusing the officers, and threatening to fight them.

Paramedic Jason Williams was the on-duty superintendent supervisor for EMS at the time of the homicide. He told the court he was called to the home after 3:30 a.m. on Sept. 6, 2017, and was at the victim’s side shortly afterwards. Williams said he immediately noticed there was a lot of blood on the victim and pooling in the kitchen. He determined “irreversible death had occurred” in the body, as it was still and cold.

Const. Alyssa Gregory was the last to take the stand on Tuesday. At the time of the homicide, Gregory was in the forensics unit, and she was called to the home to process the scene.

Gregory testified that, in addition to the knife sticking out of the body’s chest, there was also numerous stab wounds on the neck. She also pointed to several photographs on a phone that was seized from the home. These photographs, dated around 2:15 a.m. on Sept. 6, 2017, show the body in a similar position to when police found it, expect with a knife sticking out of the body's mouth.

Gregory also told the court the victim's blood also tested for a very high blood alcohol concentration.

Many of the details presented once again today are under a Voir Dire -- or a trial within a trial -- meaning the judge still will decide which evidence will be considered as part of the trial.

The crown is expected to bring several more witnesses forward tomorrow... With the trial expected to last three weeks.