Tornadoes touch down west of Saskatoon
A tornado touches down near Biggar, Sask. in this undated file photo. (Credit: Cheryl and Corey Solanik)
Tornadoes have touched down west of Saskatoon, and they appear to be on the move.
One of the twisters was spotted near Biggar and another near Wilkie on Friday afternoon.
Environment Canada has issued a tornado warning for parts of western and central Saskatchewan.
The following areas are included in the tornado warning:
• R.M. of Blucher, including Allan Clavet, Bradwell and Elstow
• R.M. of Colonsay, including Colonsay and Meacham
• R.M. of Aberdeen, including Aberdeen
• R.M. of Vanscoy, including Delisle, Asquith and Vanscoy
• R.M. of Corman Park, including Martensville, Warman and Langham
• R.M. of Big Arm, including Imperial and Liberty
• R.M. of Arm River, including Davidson and Girvin
• R.M. of Wood Creek, including Simpson
• R.M. of Morris, including Watrous, Young and Zelma
• R.M. of Dundurn, including Dundurn and Blackstrap Provincial Park
• R.M. of Perdue, including Perdue and Kinley
• R.M. of Eagle Creek, including Arelee and Sonningdale
• R.M. of Glenside north of Biggar
• R.M. of Buffalo, including Wilkie and Phippen
• R.M. of Prairiedale, including Major and Smiley
• R.M. of Antelope Park, including Loverna and Hoosier
• R.M. of Progress, including Kerrobert and Luseland
• R.M. of Heart's Hill, including Cactus Lake
• R.M. of Grass Lake, including Salvador and Reward
• R.M. of Eye Hill, including Macklin, Denzil and Evesham
People in or near these areas are being advised to be on the lookout for severe weather conditions and take necessary safety precautions.
Meanwhile, tornado watches are in effect for the following communities:
• The Battlefords
• St. Walburg
In addition, a severe thunderstorm watch has been issued for the following communities:
• Fort Qu'Appelle
• Indian Head
• Pilot Butte
• Moose Jaw
• Central Butte
• Foam Lake
CTV News will have updates as they are available.