LATEST VIDEOS FROM CTV REGINA
Regina elementary school evacuated after gas leak
Firefighters attend to a natural gas leak at M.J. Coldwell School in Regina on Wendesday morning.
Published Wednesday, February 27, 2013 11:35AM CST
Students and staff were evacuated after a natural gas leak at an elementary school in north Regina.
Fire and SaskEnergy crews were called to M.J. Coldwell School after staff smelled the leaking gas at around 8:30 a.m. Wednesday.
Greg Enion with Regina Public Schools says 120 students and 15 staff were evacuated and transported by school buses to the division office.
Assistant Fire Chief David Kinvig says the gas was leaking from a rusted-through line running to a rooftop heater.
The line was repaired and students and staff began returning to the school at around 10:30 a.m.
Students and staff return to M.J. Coldwell School in north Regina after a natural gas leak Wednesday morning.