REGINA -- Saskatchewan reported five new COVID-19 cases on Thursday, bringing the provincial total to 813.

In a release, the province said two of the new cases are in the south, one is in the Saskatoon region, one is in the far north and one is in the central region.

There are currently 48 cases considered active in the province.

Five people are in hospital related to the virus, including two people in inpatient care in the north and two in Saskatoon. One person is also in intensive care in Saskatoon.

Of the total cases, 339 are in the far north, 192 are from the Saskatoon area, 120 are from the north, 80 are from the Regina area, 68 are from the south and 14 are from the central region.

There have been 284 cases in the 20 to 39 are range, 254 in the 40 to 59 age range, 136 in the 60 to 79 age range and 21 in the 80-plus age range; while another 118 cases involve people 19-years or younger.

Women make up 51 per cent of cases while men make up the other 49 per cent.

A total of 15 people have died related to COVID-19.

Saskatchewan health officials will provide a live update on COVID-19 at 2:30 p.m. CST. This will be streamed live at and


The Saskatchewan Health Authority says a person who tested COVID-19 positive visited several locations in Lloydminsyter between June 27 and July 5, while they were likely infectious.

The SHA advises anyone who visited the local Wal-Mart, Superstore, Goodknight Inn or Superlodge Motel between June 27 and July 5 to immediately self-isolate if they have had symptoms of COVID-19, and call HealthLine 811 to arrange for testing.