LATEST VIDEOS FROM CTV REGINA
Health worker strike continues in Regina
Published Thursday, May 19, 2011 7:50AM CST
About 120 health-care workers in Regina are hitting the picket line for the third straight day.
The Health Sciences Association of Saskatchewan says it launched the job action Tuesday after the province and health-care employers refused to send the contract dispute to independent, binding arbitration.
Health-care workers on strike today include:
• Dietitians from the Regina General and Pasqua hospitals, Regina Pioneer Village and Wascana Rehab Center, as well as the Santa Maria Senior Citizen Home
• EMT's and Paramedics from Regina EMS
• Occupational Therapists from Wascana Rehab Center, Regina General and Pasqua hospitals and home care
• Pharmacists from the Regina General and Pasqua hospitals
• Physical Therapists from the Regina General and Pasqua hospitals, the Wascana Rehab Center, the Surgical Assessment Center, Regina Pioneer Village and home care
• Public health inspectors from Public Health Services
• Respiratory therapists from the Regina General and Pasqua hospitals, and the Wascana Rehab Center
• Speech language pathologists from the Regina General and Pasqua hospitals, Wascana Rehab Center, Public Health, Regina Mental Health Clinic, and the Child and Youth Clinic
About 3,000 unionized health-care workers in the province have been without a contract for more than two years.