City crew tears out natural gas line in Weyburn; 4 homes without service
Natural gas was shut off to four homes in Weyburn after a city crew accidentally pulled out a service line Tuesday. (Steven Wilson/Discover Weyburn)
Four homes in Weyburn were without natural gas Tuesday after a city crew accidentally tore out an underground service line.
The crew was working on a water main around noon when they ripped out a 3/4-inch gas line in the 200 block of Fifth Street.
SaskEnergy spokesperson Dave Burdeniuk said natural gas was shut off to four nearby homes as a precaution.
Repairs to the damaged line were expected to be completed by the early evening.