LATEST VIDEOS FROM CTV REGINA
Senior official in Sask. minister travel controversy shifts jobs
Published Tuesday, June 10, 2014 10:54AM CST
A senior Saskatchewan government official who was involved in a controversy over ministerial travel expenses has been removed from his post.
Two government cabinet orders show that Rick Mantey is no longer clerk of the executive council or cabinet secretary.
Mantey booked car services last year for two ministers in London that cost thousands of dollars and also accompanied the ministers on their trips.
A written statement from Premier Brad Wall says Mantey served the government well over the last 6 1/2 years, but the premier also says he was disappointed in some of the expenditure decisions.
Mantey will now be special adviser to the deputy minister of Parks, Culture and Sport -- a job that Wall says is well suited to Mantey's skill set.
There is no cabinet order showing Mantey's appointment to the new position and it's unclear how he was awarded the post.