Sask. adds 4 new COVID-19 cases Saturday
Published Saturday, August 29, 2020 1:40PM CST Last Updated Saturday, August 29, 2020 1:51PM CST
REGINA -- The Government of Saskatchewan confirmed four new COVID-19 cases, in a release Saturday.
Two of the new cases are in the south west zone, while the other two are in the Saskatoon zone.
- COVID-19: Click for the latest news and analysis
- Coronavirus newsletter sign-up: Get The COVID-19 Brief sent to your inbox
Of the now 1,615 total cases, 43 are active. Five more people recovered, bringing the provincial total recoveries to 1,548.
- One active case in the far north region (zero far north central, one far north west, zero far north east)
- Nine active cases in the north region (eight north west, zero north central, one north east)
- 10 active cases in Saskatoon
- One active case in Regina
- One active cases in the central region (one central west, one central east)
- 21 active cases in the south region (13 south west, eight south central, zero south east)
Three people are currently in hospital related to the virus, including one in inpatient care, and two in intensive care, all in Saskatoon.
A total 1,658 COVID-19 tests were performed in the province on Friday.