COVID-19 cancellations: Everything closed, cancelled and postponed in Regina
The Regina skyline is shown on Nov. 6, 2017 (Katherine Hill / CTV Regina)
REGINA -- Here's a list of all events cancelled or postponed in Regina amid fear of spreading COVID-19.
Click here for a full list of City of Regina centres and services that are closed.
These events are developing. We will update this article as new information becomes available.
- Globe Theatre - Remainder of 2019/20 season cancelled including I Call myself Princess, The Boy in the Moon, Billy Elliot, The Circle, The Mystery Show, an Evening with Ruth Gala and winter and spring Theatre School sessions.
- Sask Expo Regina - Postponed
- PBR Regina, March 14 - Postponed
- Minor Hockey season – Cancelled
- Co-operators Centre Adult Hockey League at Evraz Place - Cancelled
- Bob Saget, Casino Regina, March 15 – Postponed
- Regina Pats games, WHL season – Cancelled (tickets for last home game will be refunded for a game next year)
- Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League playoffs - Suspended
- Rider Cheer Team auditions - Postponed
- Regina Synchronized Skating - Cancelled
- Sask. Volleyball (including Sask. Cups March 14-15) - Postponed
- Spring Free From Racism, March 22 - Postponed
- Champions for Mental Health Fundraiser, March 14 - Postponed
- Take a Break Adminstrative Professionals Luncheon - Postponed until June 9
- Paragon Awards, March 27 - Postponed until Sept. 4
- Fantasy Food at the Saskatchewan Science Centre - Cancelled
- Celtic Illusion, March 13 - Postponed
- Rodney Carrington, March 18 - Cancelled
- Glass Tiger, March 19 - Cancelled
- Matthew Good, March 31 - Cancelled
- The Glorious Sons, March 20 - Postponed
- Cirque du Soleil AXEL, July 23-26 - Cancelled
- Regina Symphony Orchestra, March 14 and March 21 - Cancelled
- Singing for my Survival: How Music Saved My Life, March 30 - Postponed
- Jesse Cook: The Tempest Tour, March 31 - Postponed
- Yesterday Once More, April 2 - Rescheduled to October 10
- Alice Cooper, April 13 - Postponed
- Peppa Pig, April 1 - Postponed
- Mission Ridge Winter Park - Closed for the rest of the season
- Alzheimer Society of Saskatchewan Presentation by Dr. Blackburn, March 24 - Cancelled
- Public events at the RCMP Academy (RCMP Charity Ball, YQR Vet Run) - Postponed
- WWE WrestleMania Redemption, April 25 - Cancelled
- I Love Regina Run - Postponed
- Mosaic Festival - Postponed to August
- National Indigenous Day celebrations by City of Regina, June - Cancelled
- Queen City Pride Festival - Postponed
- Regina International Film Festival - Postponed
- Regina Folk Festival - Cancelled
- Canada's Farm Show - Postponed
- Here are some of the local restaurants, bars and shops feeling the impact of COVID-19
- Rider stores and offices closing on March 17 for four weeks
- Evraz Place - All facilities closed to public
- Carmichael Outreach - Centre closed, still offering coffee, food
- Mackenzie Art Gallery - All previously scheduled programs and events have also been postponed. Any advanced or online tickets purchased will be accepted when it re-opens.
- Saskatchewan Science Centre - All programs, events, IMAX theatre films and retail services have been cancelled. The Science Centre said the closure will help the community with social distancing.
- Western Development Museum - Western Development Museum locations in Moose Jaw, Saskatoon, North Battleford and Yorkton also remain open. The museum has increased cleaning in high traffic areas within its buildings.
- RCMP Heritage Centre - closed for the time being. The facility will not be accepting any facility rentals or educational program bookings for the months of March, April and May. If any pre-booked rentals or educational programming will be affected by this closure, you can contact the Heritage Centre with any concerns.
- SIGA Casinos
- Highland and Callie Curling Clubs - Temporarily closed.
- Royal Saskatchewan Museum - Temporarily closed.
- RCMP Academy - Closed to visitors